Due to the number of applications and the amount of funding available, the following will be stressed in assessing each application:
- Special Criteria: The goal of this Board is to grant money to organizations within FCSD#1 for programs, projects, or facilities that:
- benefit the greatest number of participants;
- hold the costs (to the participants) to a minimum;
- would not be possible without funds from the Lander District Recreation Board
The Board will not grant money to organizations that do not observe these guidelines, or to organizations that already have reasonable means to conduct their programs without outside help.
2. Match Funding or Support: Applications providing some sort of match will be given preference. This match may be in the form of other monies (i.e., Federal, State, Local), donated money, donated labor, in-kind labor, etc. Please delineate this in “Your Organization’s Contribution” in the grant application.
3. Purpose of Funds: Grant monies may be used for materials, equipment, rentals, labor, capital improvements
4. Non-Profit Status: Requests may come only from non-profit organizations. Please provide proof of your non-profit status or fiscal sponsorship (e.g., a Federally registered 501(c)(3), registered with Secretary of State of Wyoming, affiliated with the Lander City Parks and Recreation Department, etc.).
5. Where funds can be spent: Grant monies must be used within the boundaries of FCSD#1 and must be used primarily by the residents of this school district (including Lander, Hudson, Atlantic City, and Jeffrey City). In addition, the facility or program must be open to the general public, at least on a limited basis.
6. Funds must be used for Recreation purposes: All projects must be directly recreation-oriented. That is, programs must be designed to engage the body and mind for the purposes of skill acquisition, social interaction, fitness, entertainment, competition and/or adventure.